Re: High Availability..

Nate Duehr wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 01:13:50PM +0200, Roger Abrahamsson wrote:
> > Hello..
> > Has anyone tried to set up any such debian systems?? I'm thinking of
> > trying to set up two machines sharing the same raid disksystem as an NFS
> > server with some sort of ip-takeover between them.. There are several
> > things I'm seeing as possible problems, one is NFS file locking, and
> > another is two RAID cards accessing the same disk subsystem...
> >
> > Any suggestions and comments are welcome, as this is totally new territory
> > to me.
>
> A good starting point for Linux High Availability projects is
> www.linux-ha.org -- good pointers/links to various open projects.

I also recomend Kimberlite
(http://oss.missioncriticallinux.com/kimberlite). Kimberlite is GPL, is
debian ready (you need to create the .deb's yourself, but that's easy)
and is designed to work in a shared disk enviroment.

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
"eLINUX  ---  Enabling the Net Economy on Linux"
Michael Boman                   eLinux Pte Ltd