Re: Kernel >= 2.2.17 or 2.4.* for FW/Proxy

> If you know what you are doing and are capable of properly testing a kernel
> then use 2.4.0-test10 with Devfs.  It'll make things easier for you in the
test10 fails miserably with my hardware ( they detect that my hd is udma66
but then fail to use it), test11 worked nice with my other machine, until
I changed motherboard (p2b-s into p2b-s but a little bit more fresh - so
as you can see it wasn't dramatical change) - then kernel crashed.
You'd be better off avoiding 2.4.* for production machines for a while...
Do you really need netfilter for you firewall? if so - use 2.4.
if you don't - stick to ye'ole 2.2.x

reg. eyck.