Re: Inherited ISP host configuration nightmare

Gene, you need to be a little bit more specific.

It sounds like you might be getting in a little over your head. You should
probably do a little bit of reading before you go changing alot of stuff
around, or you could have some pissed off customers to deal with... i know
how much that sucks, trust me, you dont want to be there.

I'll give you some links, and then you can tell me what you might be
looking to do.

Some questions first. Are the virtual domains on linux machine(s) or NT
machine(s)?

We host all our virtual domains on a linux box. Apache has virtual domain
support built in, and you can even setup a virtual domain without using an
IP with apache. We dont currently do this, but we plan to in the
future. Currently we still setup our virtual domains with IP
addresses. For the email, we use qmail, which works beautifully, securely,
efficiently, and VERY easily with virtual domains. (as you can tell, i'm a
qmail bigot)

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Virtual-Services-HOWTO.html

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/VMailMgr-HOWTO.html