Re: OF! Why not KDE in Debian

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 14:01:55 +0100, Pontus Ullgren wrote:
> After this matter I decided to try KDE out and found out that KDE is not
> in the Debian dist.
>
> Any reason why or is it just lack of package matainers ?

A conflict exists between KDE's license and the license of the Qt library
KDE uses; as a result of this, the Debian project cannot distribute KDE.

See e.g.
	http://www.debian.org/News/1998/19981008
	http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/06/17/961300740.html
	http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/07/01/962510340.html
	http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/07/15/963719999.html

HTH,
Ray
--
RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may  not be a better one than the one
the blocks  live in but it'll be a sight more vivid.