Re: mysql???

> I have a problem in mysql ...............
> I installed php3 , mysql and apache
>
> I run mysql server like that
> /usr/local/mysql/support-files/mysql.server start
hmm... well well... don't you use debian?
if you don't then why asking on this list?
 if using debian you would be running mysql like this:
 /etc/init.d/mysqld start
and all problems with various parts of mysql trying to find each other
would be resolved by debian maintainers. that's what distribution is for.

> But I find a socket under /tmp/mysql.sock but it looks for mysqld.sock
so make it took for the right file in the right places.

regards, Eyck