RE: ip addresses

>Have you ever had a problem with people spoofing MAC addresses
>to get IP's?
	We haven't run into that yet.
>Seems like if they're going to the trouble to give you the MAC address you
might as
>well give them fixed ip's.
	This is a good point, as it is a direct connection the customer is always
online	with us.  We have to have one IP for each customer, at least.  I am
not sure why
	the decision was made to go this route (I wasn't with the company at the
time,
	and the guy who made the decision is the one I replaced.)  I think they
were
	having problems keeping track of who had what ip address.  From what I hear
my
	predecessor fealt DHCP was safer for our customers, he thought if we used
	DHCP that it would be more difficult to crack one of our customers
computers.
>Have you ever had anybody try to scram your network?
	Not yet...knock on wood.