Re: Pine & Maildir

Dariush Pietrzak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> >     I swithed from /var/spool/mail to ~Maildir on my debian Potato BOX. I can
> could you please tell me why?
>  because qmail people often tell me that qmail is better than anything
> else because it supports maildir, well.. i don't quite follow that
> argumentation, and can't see any benefits of Maildir? is it about
> keeping one quota for mail and ~ directory?

	Quota was not the problem fo me. Maildir is faster. You dont lock your
spoll/mail file. Try start up pine when your /var/spool/mail is 30 MB or
more it took up to one minute on my server. In mail dir it takes 2 - 4
seconds.
And now I can use Imap.

Exim + solidpop3d (from woody) + courier imap the best connfiguration
for me.

	Marcin Jakubowski