Re: e-commerce

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 11:08:21AM -0500, J-Mag Guthrie wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:
>

> > > a good solution to implement a virtual store?
> > consider minivend
>
> And then find a better alternative.  Unless you have more free time than
> sense stay *away* from minivend.  Far, far, away.  It is quirky.
>
> --
> J-Mag Guthrie        /"\  Brokersys
>                      \ /
> 281-580-3358 (voice)  X   Now offering DSL in Houston.
> 281-586-0628 (fax)   / \  http://www.brokersys.com

Can you share with us why?  I'll agree Minivend is not for the
faint of heart and not for people that only need an order blank
for half a dozen items.  I've steered a lot of people away from
it that lack system abilities and/or have poor infrastructures.

However, Minivend is very powerful. Ultimately, you can do
pretty much anything with it.  Better might be what, OpenMarket?
If part of your business as an ISP is online commerce, minivend
is a good option; if you are a merchant running a single store,
it might be overkill.   IMCO minivend is better suited to ISP
than individual.

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039