Re: Virtual Domain Solution

On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 04:11:03AM +0300, vasil@dobrich.net wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 cfm@maine.com wrote:
>
> > Our system is build around mysql and an ncurses interface.  It's really
> > just selecting account records and passing arguments to perl scripts.
> > The front office can register domains, add users, change passwords,
> > install mailmaps and so forth.  Trust me, they are not technical.  :^)
> >
> We definetaly need somethin general like this for Linux/Unix -
> web/ftp/mail system based on some SQL database, with good interface - from
> this point, any other interface could be written....the problem is,
> everybody designs it for himself and never releases it, just because it
> wouldn't be of any use to anyone else....

And because it's the gnarliest, most patched, most incomplete and ill
conceived piece of legacy mission critical software running on their
system they are embarrassed to show it to anyone, let alone support it.
Just speaking from my experience.  ;^)

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039