Re: restricted ftp (binded to a private net only)

Typing away merrily, Chad A. Adlawan produced the immortal words:
>     our web server has 2 NIC's on it, one's a public IP and the other a private 10.1.1.x.
>     can someone shed me some light as to how do i provide ftp service in that server BUT the daemon has to be visible on the 10.1.1.x network only ?
>
>     this is because we want only ports 80, 25 & 22 to be visible from the outside.

xinetd:
 <http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=xinetd&searchon=names&version=stable&release=all>

  Release  Quality Package           (size)
  stable   100%    xinetd 2.2.1-8.1  (87.7k)
    replacement for inetd with many enhancements

Such enhancements including, eg, ability to bind to a specific interface
on a machine.

And the xinetd.conf syntax is signicantly cleaner than traditional
inetd.conf (IMHO).
--
HTML email - just say no --> Phil Pennock
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.