Re: Firewalling

For one, if you are planning on firewalling the router, your firewall
becomes your router.

You are going to have to have some type of WAN interface installed on your
firewall in order to even have your network work.

Secondly, you should be able to secure a cisco router from remote attack.
You cant prevent DOS attacks, but you cant do that even with a firewall.

Thirdly, you should be able to put strict access lists into your cisco
router to pretty much keep the honest people honest.

Finally, you should be able to put some type of firewall behind the router
and in front of your LAN. Keep in mind however, that a firewall is not a
magic wall that will keep you safe from harm. It's still very easy for
some user on the secure side to run a program and become a back door and
pipeline for a hacker on the outside to wreak havoc on all the computers
on the inside.

It sounds to me like you have alot of research to do before you should
attepmt this type of install, or perhaps hire some consultant.