Re: Mudslicking to counter SPAM (was TARPIT)

Moin Chris Wagner,

> This something you do NOT want to be on the wrong side of.

  I have worked for a medium size ISP for some times. 30.000 users will
  generate one or two "problems" per week. Normal adminstration was :

   " never touch a running system "

  So we fixed our newschain after somebody used rpc to intrude and to dns
  floods his former provider. We fixed our MTA, because we had been in the
  rbl list, and so on. Therfore my opionion that any open relay deserves
  to go down. We (this means ISP sysadmins ;-) are a lazy kind of folk.
  And at many ISPs only the chash of server, will cause somebody to take
  a look at it ;-( Ok many have good stuff and well administrated servers,
  but there are so many rotten sites - I cant count them ;-)

Bye Michael

PS : At least we had somebody reading and reacting on abuse@ mails, and
     we had a team that was able to fix the relays, to get rid of rbl ;-)
--
  mailto:kraehe@copyleft.de             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.2:14'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO MSDOS ESSE DELENDAM