Re: encrypted ftp ?

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, t s a d i wrote:

>     we use ssh (and ssl telnet) at our place to remotely admin some
> machines (we are on an untrusted network) ...
>     our concern now is on ftp, is there such thing as an ssh'ed ftp ?
> or any equivalent ?  (using ssh's file transfer capability is not an
> option since no Win9x ssh client supports this)

Use an ssh tunnel to grab and forward all ftp traffic through the
encrypted link -- this may be a problem when the ftp server opens back to
a random high-port, but at least the authentication negotiation would be
covered. Just an idea.

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for
somewhere else..
                                       -- R. Buckminster Fuller