Re: syslogd & cisco logs

Debian Ghost wrote:
> I'm just studying up on cisco equipment and IOS configuration. I was
> wondering what steps are necessary to get a debian syslogd to accept logs
> from routers.

Thats in the syslogd man-page:

  -r     This  option  will  enable  the facility to receive
         message from the network using an  internet  domain
         socket  with  the syslog service (see services(5)).
         The default is to not receive any messages from the

On da Cisco do a:

service timestamps log datetime
logging trap <level>
logging source-interface <interface>
logging <host-1>
logging <host-2>

and next time plz RTFM.

NetHead				Network Design and Security
Arnd Vehling			av@nethead.De
Gummersbacherstr. 27		Phone: +49 221 8809210
50679 Köln			Fax  : +49 221 8809212