Re: dpkg segmentation fault

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 02:42:37PM -0500, Mark Jeremy wrote:
> Howdy to all Debian Guru,
>
> I got a bit of a situation here that I'm stumped. I was trying to run
> dselect to update any security issues but came across some segmentation
> fault. Here the output of the message when I tried "apt-get update"
>
> winnipeg:~# apt-get update
[...]
>   Sub-process gzip recieved a segmentation fault.
> Failed to fetch
> http://debian.crosslink.net/debian/dists/stable/main/source/Sources
>
> Then I tried to run "dpkg --configure -a" and it gave me this
>
> winnipeg:~# dpkg --configure -a
> Segmentation fault

What kernel do you use?
Do your hard disk drives feature (activated) DMA support?
What kind of system/processor do you have? Overclockes?
Do memory-IO intensive applications (ie. kernel compiles) also segfault?
Maybe your RAM is bad (or not 100% fixed in the sockets)

MfG, JBG

--
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
/* Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> -- +49-177-5601720 */