Deploying Reiser FS

Hello All

I am considering deploying Reiser FS on partitions in a couple of
our productions servers.  These servers run Debian "potato",
currently with 2.2.17 kernels.  These systems are in production and
running sweetly, and I would like to change as little as possible.

I plan on using the partitions for "maildir" mailboxes for serving via
Courier IMAP.  Mail will be delivered into the maildirs via exim,
maildrop, courier imap and courier sqwebmail.  I have this running
on ext2 at the moment but with more than a few hundred messages
in a mailbox we get performance problems.   Hence I would like to
try Reiser FS.

I have had a look at the Reiser web site.  It seems there is a grey
area regarding qmail, relating to the way that qmail manages its
queue.  Will this problem apply to deliveries to "maildir" mail
directories, using the standard maildir delivery algorithm?

Are there any suggestion or problems for patching a debian 2.2
kernel and building the required utilities?

>From the web site it seems that it would be a good idea to avoid
nfs mounts on the Reiser partition for the mean time.  Any
comments on this?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 +21 683-1388  Fax: +27 +21 64-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa