Re: PGP ???

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Debian Ghost wrote:

> an anyone explain how PGP protects email in transit? Or what PGP actually
> is good for? I've never used PGP, but I always see the PGP key and wonder
> why there is a PGP key if the email can be read at any rate...

The description of "digital signature" is very appropriate.  It doesn't
hide the contents of the e-mail, but what it does do is give a means for
the recipient to ensure that the e-mail is from the person it purports to
be from and was not altered in transit by a third party.

--
J-Mag Guthrie        /"\  "Even Microsoft's product managers privately
Brokersys            \ /   concede that this new version, with its