Re: problem with qmail

Emilis wrote:

> Qmail and ucspi-tcp installed from potato source package
> My configuration (for example, server myserver.com ip: 1.2.3.4 ):
>
> cat /etc/tcp.smtp
> 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> 192.168.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>
> cat /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
> myserver.com
>
> I got added to RSS (Relay Spam Stop) lists because:
>   250 flushed
>   MAIL FROM:<spamtest@[1.2.3.4]>
>   250 ok
>   RCPT TO:<"user2@popovich.net">
>   553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
> there seems wotking ok, now see this:
>   RSET
>   250 flushed
>   MAIL FROM:<spamtest@[1.2.3.4]>
>   250 ok
>   RCPT TO:<user2@popovich.net@[1.2.3.4]>
>   250 ok
>   DATA
>   354 go ahead
>  /var/local/maps/rss/bin/rly: relay accepted - final response code 250
>  Relay working with some@somehost.com@somehost2.com - how i can stop
>  this ?
>  Thank you
>  Emilis

First off, this is more a qmail issue then a debian one.. But as I've
seen several postings with this I already know the answer:

qmail DOES accept mail, but not necisary send it back out. The people on
the qmail list can give you a better answer than I did here...

/Mike

--
"eLINUX---Enabling the Net Economy on Linux"
Michael Boman                   eLinux Pte Ltd