dial out problem

Hello,

Please tell me if somebody knows how to make sendfax working from
behind the office telephone station. The problem is that in order to
place a call I have to dial "*0" and my pin code first. Only after that
the dial tone shows up. Instead, sendfax quits with "NO DIAL TONE"
complain. I did try to set up the dial-prefix in the
/etc/mgetty/sendfax.conf, but this made the sendfax hung without
bothering the modem (no modem sounds or lamps were on)

I have a similar problem when calling my ISP from home (there I have to
place "0" before the number to get the dial tone). I would also
appreciate if any of you know the solution for Windows 98 (sorry :)),
since by far I have no Internet access from home in any way due to this
stupid problem

thanks in advance

--
Peter O. Fedichev (Ph.D.)