Re: apache sending request to old hostname (fwd)

Debian Ghost <debian@ghost.ntelos.net  > writes:

> When I put a request in from my localhost to go to
> http://localhost/. It will work. But when I try to go to
> localhost/anything, it tries to send me to my hold hostname. I've looked
> in apache.conf and see no instances of my old hostname. I do not know
> where apache is getting the info to send requests to the old host name.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

Quite likely in /etc/apache/httpd.conf you have a ServerName directive
pointing to the old hostname.  If you request http://localhost/anything
and anything is a directory then apache will automatically redirect
you to http://ServerName/anything/

Good luck,

Fraser