Re: traffic through pc serial port??

On 2000-11-01 16:49, Martin WHEELER wrote:
>On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Russell Coker wrote in his sigtext:
>> If you can't program in C, PERL, and shell scripts then don't call
>> yourself a
>> Unix administrator. Every idiot on the net is claiming to be a Unix
>> admin. :(
>
>Hear, hear.  You should call yourself a typical bloody arrogant debian
>smartarse instead.

So what do you think are the requirements to be a Unix administrator then?

What are your qualifications anyway?

In your CV you say "Administrator of own electronic publishing site
(www.startext.co.uk) since 1994"

However when I telnetted to that machine it said "This web server is the
property of Demon Internet."

There is also the issue of why you would want to have an open telnet port on
the Internet, but that's another discussion.

NB  I have CC'd this message to the list as you apparently desire.