Re: traffic through pc serial port??

On 2000-11-01 12:31, Dave Adams wrote:
>i have a customer that want's a direct connection into our system, they are
> sharing offices with us and don't want to go to the expense of modems etc.
> is there a way i can run a serial cable from a portmaster 2e to their
> gateway machine's serial port and therefore give them a 115200 connection?
>
>thanks for any comments

Can you configure a portmaster port to use SLIP all the time?  When
connecting two machines via a dedicated null-modem link SLIP is easiest as
one end can be rebooted without affecting the other.

Otherwise just set them up with a PPP chatscript that does:
""  RING
ATA  "CONNECT 115200"
then the usual logon stuff.

--
If you can't program in C, PERL, and shell scripts then don't call yourself a
Unix administrator. Every idiot on the net is claiming to be a Unix admin. :(