RE: sendmail or bind problems

Rod,

Looking at your transcript there (which for my MUA was missing all its linefeeds), it appears that the mail server is trying to send mail to the wrong place. The MX record for directv.com says 'mail.directv.com' -- I tried a manual SMTP session with that server and it said 'jrs@directv.com' was a valid address.

How did your server get 'smtp1.san.cerf.net' as the server for directv.com? I would say that either your DNS servers have (or had) a problem, or that Directv has (or had) some kind of DNS issue. It's more likely to be the latter, I'd think -- it doesn't seem likely that anyone's going to try and include records for directv in their own DNS server. :)