Debian on Ultra 5 Sparc

People's,

Spanky new ultra sparc 5 sitting next to me, and trying to install debian on it, it wont let me create boot disk during the installation process, when it asks to enter a floppy to create, i do which results in the immediate message of

"your disk is either write protected or not inserted in the first floppy drive, please insert in first floppy"

there is only one floppy drive in there, and the disk isnt write protected, this happens upon any disk i use.

If however i select the option to bypass and reboot the system to continue installation, it reboots and is looking for the floppy and wont boot off the harddisk ?

Has anyone had any similar or know how to fix my troubles that I have had trying to install debian on the ultra 5 sparc ??

Helpppppppppp