Re: Configuring KDE- Dial Up PPP

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 12:39:40AM -0700, Jacob Hunter wrote:
-|When i run Dial Up Networking on KDE a box comes up saying pppd died unexpectedly...  I have my connection configured properly to work with my ISP, but it still says that... i even tried a different ISP...
-|anyone have any ideas?

Do an "ls -l" on your pppd and see what "group" it belongs too.
Add yourself to that group.  Then logout/login to reset your
group list.  Also look in /etc/ppp for an options file.  If there
is no options file then "touch options" to create an empty one.

Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com
Preferred O/S: Debian Linux 2.2