Exim on slink - frozen messages

I was going through my exim mainlog file and find that I have 200+ frozen messages. I would like to get rid of them.

I've been through my exim doc and found 'auto-thaw' (section 3.3) but I am unsure how to use it or even if it is the right option.

Likewise, section 32.3, Long-term failures discusses 'delay_after_cutoff'.

Neither of these option is currently listed in the exim.conf file and makes me think that probably aren't what I need.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gregory Wood