RE: VPN recomendations

Hello Werner

No it is not that simple.  Tunnelv counts its own tunnels and assigns
tap devices accordingly, but it insists on starting with "tap0", even
when that device is already being used by diald.

Diald should also work with multiple instances on the same server. I
assume it can also sort out its own "tap" devices.  (But I have never
tried it).

Neither diald nor tunnelv has an option where I can specify a
specific "tap" device for a specific instance of the program.

Anybody out there who can help, I would be interested to here.

Otherwise is it possible to setup a tunnel with pptpd?  I think I will try
that one next.

Regards

Ian