Multiple 'timed' Autoresponders

I have a need for a service, and am quite prepated to write a little C to
take care of it. My Linux administrator suggested that it would be about the
only way that he is aware of doing what I need. I just wanted to put forth
my requirements and see if someone had done, or has an idea for me.

I would like to have the ability to send out multiple timed autoresponses.
I.E.
1) When a message is received, immediately send out a 'I got this message'
response
2) 5 Days later send out another autoresponder
3) 14 Days later send out a follow up autoresponse.......
etc.

Some clients want more, some want less and the day interval needs to be
different from user to user. Also, keep in mind that each autoresponse is a
different message. I relize that I will likely have to build a web interface
to manage these responses, I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to code
the actual mailing and managment of the times.

Thanks!

Scott Thompson
Programming & Server Admin
Internet Brokers Group