Re: how to restrict user logons

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:02:24PM +0800, Erik Peter P. Abella wrote:
> I need to be able to restrict some users from logging-on from 8am-11pm
> daily (a new discounted subscription plan) and I could use some
> suggestions on how to best deal with this. I intend to toggle the user
> shell (/bin/false - /bin/nologin) via the crontab but am still gun-shy
> on writing a shell script.

Look at the section in /etc/pam.d/login that says:

# account requisite pam_time.so

Uncomment it and then modify /etc/secuirty/time.conf as necessary.

I think this is the Right Way (tm) to do it.

Hope this helps,

Luca

--
Luca Filipozzi
[dpkg] We are the apt. Resistance is futile. You will be packaged.