Fwd: only POP3

I give individual accounts e-mail only access by giving them a standard e-mail account but setting their home directory and their login shell to /dev/null or /dev/false. So, an entry in the passwd file looks like this:

Which gives them and e-mail account, but no other access.

Hi there!

I have a short question:
What's the way, if I would like to provide only e-mail service to the
users? No telnet, ftp account, only POP3.
It works with giving a fake shell in the passwd file, but how would you do
it? Should I create definitely a shell account?

thanx: aboy

R. W. "Rod" Rodolico
Daily Data, Inc.
POB 140465 - Dallas  TX  75214-0465
214.827.2170  -- 214.821.5051 (fax)

Entia non sunt multiplicanda, praeter necessitatem
					William of Occam