RE: secure way for users webpage uploads

I use proftpd with mysql users auth:

<Directory /*>
  AllowOverwrite                on
  HideUser      root
  HideGroup  root
        IgnoreHidden on

DefaultRoot ~/public_html users,!www

MySQLInfo localhost webuser epf83hjr http_auth
SQLUserTable mysql_auth
SQLUsernameField username
SQLPasswordField passwd
SQLEncryptedPasswords on

The most important:

DefaultRoot ~/public_html users,!www

permit users (group users) view yours public_html, and no more.
And administrators (group www) can view others dirs.

    Joaquin Ferrero