Re: changing UR main www site's IP add

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Sibuyas wrote:
> how do you guys go about changing the IP address of your main www site's IP
> address (w/o the end users experiencing any problems)?  you cant just change
> ur DNS record and redo ur apache config right ?

Thats about it, some updating of the /etc/hosts file may also be needed.

Since it may take a while until the DNS record is updated everyware over
the Internet, I would, if possible, alias the new ip to the machine and make two
dns records  (i.e the machine will have both the new and the old ip-address for
a while).

--
/Max Thoursie <max@maxnet.se>