[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

tcp connection

Hola.  What is the official name of the type of connection that the common
network protocols use?  It lives somewhere above the tcp layer and below the
app layer but is so obscure that I can't find it.  e.g.  Telnet, ftp, http,
etc. all establish an xxxxx type connection and then transmit their data.
It has to do with what means what to each side of the connection... I've
only seen this I think one time ever.  Know what I'm talking about?

|        -=I T ' S  P R I N C I P L E  T H A T  C O U N T S=-       |
|=-                  -=ALAN KEYES FOR PRESIDENT=-                 -=|
| Balanced Budgets     Personal Freedoms     Morality     Lower Tax |
|=--                  http://www.Keyes2000.com.                  --=|

Reply to: