Re: Getting free ISP's to work

On 27 May 2000, Cameron Matheson wrote:

> I just subscribed to this list about five minutes ago, because I need to

Welcome.

> get a free ISP account going under my Debian Slink.  I don't care who
> it's with (excite, xoom, etc), as long as I can get it to work.  I think

What have you tried?

> the problem is that I need the DNS nameservers (or at least with

The ISP you signed up with can probably provide you with the IPs of their
nameservers.

> PPPconfig).  Please, if you could give some help, that would make my
> day.

We may be able to help you, but you need to provide more details. What
have you already done and what errors are you receiving?

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net