Re: Transfer data between two comps without network

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:

> > Assuming you are worried by people with promiscuous ethernet cards,
> > packet-sniffing.  Put in a second NIC, run a crossover UTP?  I assume the
> ..  encrypting would solve that problem. or private network between two
> comps.
> And - if I could connect those two comps by some network daily data
> transfer would rapidly go down - 100, 1000times less.
> problem is - machine with source data contains security-sensitive
> information, which my employee wants to be physically separated from
> network.

 I think you can install NIC into machine with data (call it machine A), place
another machine with large hdd with NIC in it near the source machine A (call
it machine B), connect them using crosswired UTP, download data to machine B,
disconnect UTP, carry machine B to destination machine (call it machine C) ,
and transfer the data to it using crosswired UTP too.
  For sure, you can format hdd on machine B before connecting it to machine A
again and boot machine B from CD, so all trojans will be definitely killed:)

 Just think about machine B as a hot-swap HDD in a big cover :)

 Best regards,
  -Vlad