Re: Installing Debian on a RAIDed partition

Yes. You cannot boot to a raid partition. One, lilo cant read a RAID
partition, and the 'raid' drivers havent been loaded yet. You will either
need to have the / or more specifically /boot be on a NON raid partition
(ie. floppy) or compile special tools to boot raid partitions. Someone has
developed info on that, but the address escapes me now, search the web and
it should turn up.

The RAID howto|mini howto should be of assistance.