Re: Configuring ISP Support Using 'pppconfig'

with the following commands you should be able to diagnose the most
common problems

ifconfig ppp0		Check if your interface is set up correctly
route			check where the 'default' route goes, most likely
			it should point to ppp0 (if it takes too long add -n)
ping your_isp		if you don't know any names for your isp that
			reply to ping.. use the P-t-P address from
			ifconfig

those should make it a bit clearer where the problem is...

if there isn't any default route you should add it.. (or make ppp add it)
by 'route add default dev ppp0' or add defaultroute to /etc/ppp/options

i hope this solves your problems...

--
get a life, get the second one free...