Re: potato on Compaq 1600?

Thanks to all who responded - potato appears to be happily running on this
box now :-)

No special arrangements were required - we just ran the automagic setup
software and selected "other" for the o/s.

regarding:

> Now I have a specific query: the onboard ethernet is identified in
> /proc/pci as "Compaq Netelligent 10/100 ProLiant (rev 16)".  Anyone know
> what chipset might be under the hood here?

As suggested, it's a ThunderLAN chip (at least ours is, sounds like
some might have an intel chip).

Thanks,
Neale.