Re: tracing a PERL cgi script

Typing away merrily, Chad A. Adlawan produced the immortal words:
>    were trying oto debug this _big_ PERL web application (lots of forms, etc, whatever) and it seems like were really lost w/ its code.
>    is there any way that you can do a line by line trace when a PERL code is executed on the web that way, we'll have some idea w/c goes where ?

Do you control the programs installed on the server?

If so, install a second copy of perl, one with debugging support
enabled.  Then go and read perlrun(1) for information on -D switches.

Eg,
#!/bin/perl_debug -Dtls

--
HTML email - just say no --> Phil Pennock
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.