Re: Proxy and APT

The following is from a mail I sent to a neo-Debian, her proxy did NOT have
authentication.

Add to, or replace, your /etc/apt/apt.conf:

Acquire
{
  Queue-Mode "host";       // host|access
  Retries "0";
  Source-Symlinks "true";

  // HTTP method configuration
  http
  {
    Proxy "http://ghane:space@192.168.200.85:8080";;
    Timeout "120";
    Pipeline-Depth "5";

    // Cache Control. Note these do not work with Squid 2.0.2
    No-Cache "false";
    Max-Age "86400";     // 1 Day age on index files
    No-Store "false";    // Prevent the cache from storing archives
  };
};