Re: IP masquerading rules

Hi Jeremy,

You have to do some port forwarding on the Linux router.  Look for ipportfw
on your debian box.  If not search it out on the net and install it.

Look in the man pages and set up a rule that forwards things coming in
on port 80 to the internal webserver.

As far as ssh is concerned, if you want to connect to both the router and the
internal web server, you will have to forward another port on the router
to the ssh port on the internal webserver.

Basically you redirect from, lets say port 1717 on the router to port 22 on
the
internal webserver.  Then when  you connect to port 22 from the outside you
will connect to the router and when you connect to port 1717 you will be
redirected to ssh on the internal webserver.

Hope this all helps and not confuses the issue.

Larry