forcing pppd to dial even on a different tone

hello Everyone,

    Anybody know of a way to force a pppd script (created by pppconfig)
to dial and execute ATDT9,1234567 even if there is no dial tone ?
    The reason is that, I am behind a PABX system, and traditional
ATDT9,1234567 or ATDT9w1234567 wont work because in our PABX, unless
you dial local 9 first, you wont get a dial tone (just a low freq
humming sound).  This causes the script to just stop w/o even trying to
dial and then give a "NO DIALTONE" error to ppp.log.

     Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chad A. Adlawan