Re: SPAM

All,

Very good idea, in theory. Just keep in mind that the Internet is an
enormous community. Two points:

   - It can be very dangerous to make sweeping global (in every sense)
     assumptions as to the configuration/setup/purpose of any particular
     system out of millions.

   - It is also a very dangerous road to travel when a few decide what is
     best and attempt to impose that upon the many.

I have always believed that education rather than a dictatorial approach
is generally a better way of solving global problems. Finding all of the
open relays is good. Communicating with, and educating the sysadmins of
those relays is good. Globally blocking a problem relay would have to be a
_very_ last resort and _very_ carefully thought about and dealt with.

Regards
Mike