caching web traffic

Hello:
I'm in a bind, and its not a name server.
Have 2 t1's t3 is late.
I am considering putting up temporarily a web cache on other end of lines.
I need to know how the redirect process works.
e.g. how do I redirect the requests to the cache.
Thi is not internal people web surfing, rather we have web servers here
and want to cache them on other end of line.

Also, whats anyone's impression of the Cobalt CacheRaq.

Also, any hardware recommendations would be nice.
And, reasonable experience with how much it might save on the line use.

We have 2 large sites which can probably get significant amounts of
savings from the cache server, but it might need a lot of disk space, but
htats not a big deal really.

thanks in advance.