Re: Maildir

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Technical Support wrote:

> Ok I am liking maildir so far. What shell mua support maildir?
> I am used to pine, but I can learn. We don't offer shell but the request
> is there. Any new users will have to learn what I give them :)

When I converted my shell server over to qmail /w ~/Maidir support I would
have had a revolt on my hands if I couldn't give my users pine. Pine can
be patched for Maildir support; patched bins in rpm format ( I used alien
to convert ) can be found at: ftp://ftp.vestdata.no/pub/linux/c-client/ --
alternatively, you can download the c-client patch itself and deal /w the
compilation and installation issues from a link at the www.qmail.org site:
http://www.flounder.net/qmail/ ... good luck. =) The setup has been
flawless for me.

There are (as has been mentioned) other mail user agents that support
Maildirs natively. Mutt is the best, as far as I can see -- it devilishly
usefull, and powerfull, even if the message selection/matching setup is
something out of the spanish inquisition -- you could rebind the keys for
that, I suppose. If you're of the emacs'n tribe, the mail client that
ships /w emacs also supports maildirs, but it's a bit too much like Eudora
or somesuch for my taste. =)

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for
somewhere else..
                                       -- R. Buckminster Fuller