SNMP problems with an ISDN connection

I have a slink system running snmpd 3.6b7 to report traffic over an ISDN
connection (using a Spellcaster DC/Plus ISA card).  The same version of
snmpd on a different machine, reporting just a dedicated PPP connection,
works great.

On the ISDN connection, though, it does not report accurate data--the
figures it gives are very low (when the 64k ISDN line is saturated, it
reports 10-20% usage), and the incoming and outgoing data is only different
by 5-10% on average, often showing more outgoing data than incoming, even
when a download is in place (and incoming would typically exceed outgoing by
many times).

In searching the web, I found a patch for cmu-snmpd 3.2 that allegedly fixes
problems reporting inaccurate figures for ISDN connections.  However, the
link to the patch is broken, and that patch is for a version of snmpd that's
older than what I'm using now.

Question is:  Is this problem fixable, either with a patch to snmpd, by
upgrading snmpd, or by another means?  Or... am I just doing something
wrong/silly that's causing my problems?  :-)

Thanks!

--
Useless fact #3: There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
  Jonathan Hall  *  jonhall@futureks.net  *  PGP public key available