Re: Hurrah for stable 2.1r4 (Was: Hurrah! )

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> I can also add that (almost) all my production Internet servers run
> 'stable' (because I want them to work, not to have the last gizmos)
> and that 2.1r4 brilliantly passed Y2K.
>
> I'm aware that working on upgrading good ol' stable is not fashionable
> and even quite boring, and I would like to thanks a lot those who
> worked on 2.1r4, so we have a stable and safe and Y2K-compliant
> release.

For what it's worth, 2.1r4 still contains several packages with y2k
problems (emacs20, sendfile, mutt at least).
Fixed versions for the formers are in dists/slink-proposed-updates and
I'll uploaded in Incoming/ a fixed version of the later today.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:                                               GNOME : -