Re: server for mail and radius hard locking

First, I would say that the last time I had a machine that hard locked, it
was with an AMD K5 based system, and enabling APM fixed the problem.  I
did it in both the kernel (with APM idle calls as the only option I
believe) and in the bios (with it on custom and all the timeouts
disabled).

As for problems with integrated MB's, I would like to relate one success.
I have a system based on the Intel Providence MB (PR440FX).  It is a dual
PPro MB, with onboard SCSI (AIC 7880U), Sound (CS4236B), and Ethernet
(Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100).  It works perfectly.  On another note
though, with some cheap integrated socket 7 boards I have had problems
even under windoze 98.  The board would spontaniously take the IRQ away
from the 3c905b card.