Re: ipchains and MASQ

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Technical Support wrote:

> Is the defaule 2.2.13 kernel compiled to support MASQ in ipchains? IF it
> is I am doing something wrong.

The kernel options you get from unpacking a 2.2.13 tarball and running
"make menuconfig" or "make config" do not include routing or packet
filtering support. That has to be added when you go through the configure
script. See http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html. The
ipchains howto can be found in the howto directory there as well.

Brian
fade@etc.etc.etc.

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for
somewhere else..
                                       -- R. Buckminster Fuller