Mirroring User Directories

Hi:

I am setting up a new www server want to move services over slowly.  I want to start mirroring my hoe directory now so I can keeep it up to date and when I make the final switch over, my users will be none the wiser.  My problem is if I use the mirror package it mirrors the files but sets the owner.group to that of whoever ran the script.  In this case root.  I can force it to create the new files with the correct group by setting all the users home directories to rwxr_sr_x but the files are still owned by root.  Is there a way to force the owner to be that of the home directory?  Am I going about this in the wrong way?

Thank You

Rob Brown